What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit Africa Automotive website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Personalise content and ads
- Provide social media features
- Analyse our traffic
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Africa Automotive uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in, a mixed of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Africa Automotive uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Africa Automotive sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Necessary – These cookies are essential to make Africa Automotive websites work correctly. They enable you to move around our websites and use our features. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g., entered text) when navigating back to a page during the same session.These cookies don’t identify you as an individual. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the website, or parts of it.
- Performance e.g. analytics, tracking – These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our websites by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the website, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our websites. These cookies don’t identify you as an individual. All data is collected and aggregated anonymously.
- Session cookies – are temporary cookies that memorize your online activities. Since websites have no sense of memory, without these cookies, your site browsing history would always be blank. In fact, with every click you would make, the website would treat you as a completely new visitor. Ultimately, session cookies help you maneuver through the internet by remembering your actions, and they expire as soon as you close out of a web page.
- Persistent cookies – (also known as first-party cookies) work by tracking your online preferences. When you visit our website for the first time, it is at its default setting. But if you personalize the site to fit your preferences, persistent cookies will remember and implement those preferences the next time you visit the site. This is how computers remember and store your login information, language selections, menu preferences, internal bookmarks, and more.
- Third-party cookies – also referred to as tracking cookies, collect data based on your online behavior. When you visit our website, third-party cookies collect various types of data that are then passed on or sold to advertisers by the website that created the cookie. Tracking your interests, location, age, and search trends, these cookies collect information so that marketers can provide you with custom advertisements. These are the ads that appear on websites you visit and display content relevant to your interests. By tracking your habits and providing targeted ads, third-party cookies serve a useful purpose for marketers but can seem pesky and intrusive to internet users. That’s why you have the option to block them.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
If you disable the cookies that we use, this may degrade your experience on Africa Automotive websites, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of a our website, or you may not receive personalized information when you visit Africa Automotive website.
If you use different devices to view and access our websites (e.g., your computer, smartphone, tablet etc.), you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about Africa Automotive cookie privacy, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com Or Call us on: +254 774 288 100